FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Whose Case Should I Get On?
View Single Post
Old Jan 17, 2012, 12:43 pm
ukdoctor

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by Often1
A nuisance, but the best thing to do is to schedule and then host a conference call with your parents and the TA and then add EK. Your parents should not say a word unless you specifically ask them to. When people are pointing fingers, the only way to get to the bottom of it is to get everybody -- even virtually -- together.
But then again I had to deal with an India based TA and EK. My parents had paid for the ticket by a cheque and I did consider stopping payment on the cheque at some point.(it usually takes longer than 24 hours to clear a cheque in India).THis is probaly why Ek India does not accept cheque payments.

I did take a legal opinion(from a good friend who is an lawyer) on whether I could take the TA to court( something akin to a small claims court in the UK) for breach of service.The legal opinion was that I could'nt!!!. the TA had booked the ticket as per instructions

Though the surname was spelt correctly in the booking instructions given by my parents,the TA made an error in my moms case . This was then corrected by the TA in the itinerary but not the ticket. This causes an issue with EK contact centres and the entire emirates system(I wonder if they use different systems)

AFAIK the correction by the TA makes the ticket okay for travel(which to their credit they did ASAP as soon as I raised the issue) but made any changes in the booking by EK impossible.

The legal opinion was that the TA can only be held responsible for making sure that the person was able to get the service that they were paid to do(i.e they would'nt be responsible for my inability to change the booking class etc. for a week or so) as per the original itinerary booked.

The issue was finally resolved by the TA and EK by changing the amendment of my mothers booking(i.e going back to the wrong spelling of my mothers surname and then separating my moms and dads tickets). They have then agreed to put a note in my moms booking to ensure that everyone is aware of my mothers mis-spelt surname.

Last edited by ukdoctor; Jan 17, 2012 at 12:56 pm