FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Wiki] Southwest's new "Evolve" interior adds 1 row, claims to preserve knee room
Old Jan 17, 2012, 9:43 am
ElmhurstNick
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I really like the current 737-700 seats. Even at 32" pitch, I feel like I have plenty of knee room, and the fact that the aisle armrest goes up gives me a little extra seat width when somebody is in the middle seat.

By comparison, I refuse to fly on AA's new 737-800 seats, which have a slope in the hiproom towards the back of the seat. When I have to go to a non-WN location, or when WN is insanely priced, I end up flying DL over AA even though AA is often nonstop and I am bottom-level elite on both airlines.

Then there's my mom, who literally cried with happiness the first time she sat in a WN 737-700 seat, thanks to SWABrian arranging for her to test one out that was overnighting at MDW. She has very bad sciatica, and the current WN seat is one of only two (along with the being retired AA MD-80) that don't cause her immediate excruciating pain.

So in general, this is a far worse move for me than any of the other moves GK has made since taking over for Herb.