FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Whose Case Should I Get On?
View Single Post
Old Jan 17, 2012, 6:50 am
ukdoctor

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by sadiqhassan
I have a simple YYZ-DXB-KHI flexible ticket (return portion) and wanted to make a simple date change. I tried to do this online and got to the last step where it told me it would send me a credit note for the Rs. 1 difference (less than $0.02). Then when I click "ok" it told me there was an error and to contact EK.

Called EK. Told that they cannot revalidate booking because my TA is also changing the booking as we speak. (Nonsense. It was 4am local time and I had not spoken with my TA in weeks.) EK changed the dates but told me I need to call TA and tell them to call EK to revalidate. Relayed information to my TA and TA just called me and said that EK said tickets have been changed by me with EK and they refuse to change or revalidate anything.

Now I am stuck with a ticket with the correct booking dates but the ticket is still issued with my old dates. I am considering visiting the EK ticket office but I don't know if this will do anything and parking is bloody expensive.

The TA seems to honestly be confused also but not as confused as I am. He said he needs a copy of my changed ticket from EK. I don't know what to give him, I changed it on the phone and never received any email.
I was in the same boat last week. My parents got a ticket from a TA(just before the global sale ended). They bought Y tickets and my plan was to upgrade them to J (As per EF there was plenty of availablilty except 1 sector)

I was given the ref number by email.Single ref number for both mom and dad. I logged on to the EKwebsite to upgrade them. I couldnt see my mom's ticket but my dad's ticket was fine.

Contacted EK who said that my moms ticket was issued incorrectly(extra letter in her name, which was then corrected by the TA???). They could see her name in the itinerary but no ticket!!!!. No EK agent in UK and even DXB could do anything with the booking i.e change of date/upgrade etc as it was not in the system properly. They said that the TA had to reissue it. Contacted TA who said that they couldnt do it as the sale had ended and the new fares were almost 50% more

I must have made at least 15 phone calls to the TA /EK etc and at least the ticket is now updated on the system. They have given separate ref numbers for my mom and dad. My mom has to travel with a misspelt surname( single letter in the middle). I was told by the TA that they would put a note and that It should be okay.

This whole process took almost a week.!!!!

I can now only upgrade 1 sector instead of 4 as all the rest are gone. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for last minute upgrades.

Moral of the story for me. TA's might be cheaper than EK but if anything goes wrong then its a lot more difficult to sort things out.

Last edited by ukdoctor; Jan 17, 2012 at 9:20 am