FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Being lied to - or what else does one call it - by BA? Coupled with appalling service
Old Jan 17, 2012, 12:49 am
LTN Phobia
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by HMPS
@@@@@@@
A genuine but OT question - what are those @ marks referring to, please?

Originally Posted by HMPS

If you read it, my problem was at the baggage pick up which means past all security and means you have reached your destination, be it your home or a hotel.
With crew, it doesn't necessarily mean this. There is a possibility that it is related to flight time limitations on 'reduced rest' that requires 10 hours (if I recall correctly) in the accommodation when they take a reduced rest. If they are not at their assigned accommodation for 10 hours, they will have to delay their next flight. So, being held up at baggage collection means they may need to delay their next flight.

I am not saying that this was the case with the problem you encountered, but just offering a possibility that this may have influenced the situation. It still does not excuse barging in front of anyone (regardless of paid customer or not), if that is what happened, but there is a potential reason for their being given priority.

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Jan 17, 2012 at 12:55 am