FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Taste of Gold/Platinum" promotion and Platinum challenge [Merged threads]
Old Jan 16, 2012, 7:30 pm
Rus925

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, AA Plat Pro, DL Gold, UA*S, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by malkounis
Just in case no one knew Marriot Rewards is offering a free 90 upgrade to Gold or Platinum for current Silver Elite members. I saw this promotion online and wanted to share it. You just calll Marriot Rewards elite number 801-468-4000 and tell them you would like to take advantage of this offer. The Gold or Platinum elite level will expire and if you stay 12 (gold) or 18 (platinum) nights during the 90 trial period (till April 30th) you will be able to keep that status for the rest of the calendar year. I took the Platinum level and might or might not make the full 18 stays, but you get more bonus points and other amenities. Gold level also is great with free upgrade, concierge lounge and internet access, late check out. Anyway just wanted to share this promo with all my fellow FTers.
What?? I had no idea. We could have easily made platinum. I wish I had known about this earlier. Thanks, malkounis!

Anyone know if you can challenge from gold to platinum, or do you have to be silver?