FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GPU Failure Report [ARCHIVE]
View Single Post
Old Jan 16, 2012, 2:21 pm
tryathlete

Programs: UA 1K MM, HHonors Diamond,PC, Marriott Rewards Gold
PVG-ORD 1/14 Failure

M fare, 5 seats open all week, 24 hours showed 3F, 5C on seating chart. Was 1 for upgrade u until close to boarding time then slipped to 4 and none availability. I took screenshots using my iPhone of the progression, but it after this experience I am going to use the phone to book and have agent either find a fare to clear immediately NC=9 or forget it. My outbound cleared, so 50/50 better than zero, but I am suspicious buyUps are creeping into the equation.

I think the mobile app showing the UG list is a total waste of time right up until the gate does its adjustments for UG for cash and miles and any other shennanigans. I do trust the list on the boards right before boarding as they seem to reflect unsold C that Jeff could not pawn off for cheap.

I really hope no one is selling of NC inventory before clearing my M fare SWU. If I figure out this is happening I will need to reassess my loyalty, but so far I have not seen proof. I have started to ask passengers who take those last seats during the flights what they did to UG.