FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 777-300 ER mini-reviews
View Single Post
Old Jan 15, 2012, 6:22 pm
mad_atta

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
So, in the absence of the convection ovens, is there anything different about the way the food is prepared on the 773s compared to the 772/744 (besides the plates it's served on)? Our food on the 773 LAX-AKL was markedly superior to subsequent flights AKL-SYD (772) and AKL-SFO (744).

I agree with whoever posted that the older style seats do somehow feel smaller than the new 773 ones. I had a comfortable night's sleep on last night's NZ8 but it just felt less roomy and a bit less comfortable - as if there were a few more edges and obstructions or something. The mattress pads do help but for me the 773 BP product is now the clear favourite, and the much improved cabin ambience beats out the nostalgic charms and quietness/privacy of the nose of the 744 (though I'll be sad to see that go, too). I even thought the 773 Y+ product looked preferable to upper deck 744 Y+... though I say that as someone who only sat in the seat for a few minutes, and didn't try to sleep in it.