FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How lucky we are on BA!
View Single Post
Old Jan 15, 2012, 5:58 pm
OxonCantab
Suspended

Originally Posted by meester69
That was your mistake. All of these mass transportation services *aim* to get you to the airport 3 hours early. In reality, it might be even earlier than that. But it's no surprise, you wouldn't want an entire coachful of tourists being late to check-in.

How it could have gone? You book your private taxi for £30 each way, never mind that the bus is included with your package, just because it's free doesn't mean it's worth using, you get to the hotel on arrival promptly in time for dinner, with someone waiting with your name on it, and you enjoy an extra 3 hours by the pool and eating lunch in the resort, instead of in a horrible bus/airport.
I agree entirely, I took a trip to the french alps a few weeks ago where the driver had us wait outside in the rain, while he brought the bus around. On the way back, I booked my own transport, ended up having an amazing meal home-cooked by the innkeeper in Moutiers(we ended up having a great conversation even though she didn't know any english and I didn't know any french) and then an easy early morning transfer.

For those who are interested, you can also book helicopter transfers for about double the price of a cab. Take a took at White Ski Helicopters - it may be a little pricey, but it's a great way to start and end a trip taking a look at the mountains you just skiied and then walking on the tarmac to your waiting plane(very private-jet like).