FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)
Old Jan 15, 2012, 3:40 pm
jasonvr

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
OK, newbie to Hyatt here. I am in the process of dumping Hilton and moving over to Hyatt, mainly because my company has a good deal with them and they are a "preferred" hotel vendor. Well, that and because Hilton completely devalued Diamond in my eyes (already dropped to Gold starting this year after 5 years as Diamond)

I have just been approved for a Diamond trial (based on my Hilton status). I already have 8 nights booked in the next 2 weeks, so I should be able to complete it fairly easily (just need to get one more week in for work sometime in the next 2 months).

I looked at the promo thread and it didn't seem like anything in there was active (everything expired at the end of 2011).

I really have no idea what to expect out of Diamond status at Hyatt (stays are booked at the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara). What I have read is that there is lounge/club access, free internet access, and free breakfast (with some confusion about tipping, tax, etc).

No point in using the suite upgrades for just me, especially since I expect to be working late.

So, the question is, what am I missing to maximize GP?