FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - a view from the inside
View Single Post
Old Jan 14, 2012, 8:08 pm
exbayern

OP, you did take the time to write a very long first post, and again, I appreciate that. It would be a shame however if I did gloss over what you write in future, as we have so few posters from your agency who are willing to engage in dialogue here.

You actually brought up concerns about your agency's hiring practices in your first post, and I agree. I have stated many times that airport security is not viewed as an entry level job for those lacking education in other places around the world.

OP, how do you propose that TSA deal with non-English speakers, or ESL speakers, at the BDO/TDC/checkpoint? You spoke about targetting energy towards certain individuals, but how does one communicate effectively with ESL travellers (or non-English speakers?) I'm genuinely curious how you propose to handle those types of interactions, especially at smaller airports with few language resources.

And again, I do welcome dialogue as I believe that we need the insight of the TSOs, just as they need the insight of the travellers.

Last edited by essxjay; Jan 17, 2012 at 6:22 pm Reason: response to deleted remarks