FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Being lied to - or what else does one call it - by BA? Coupled with appalling service
Old Jan 14, 2012, 6:54 pm
amaroo

Programs: QF P1 (OWE) LTG (OWS)
Originally Posted by Prospero
I read recently that BA was trialling a new advanced baggage tracing system. I don't have the details in front of me at the mo but the system involves sending out a txt message notification to the passenger, so news of delayed baggage can be intercepted immediately upon arrival.
It works. I received a txt upon arriving at MAD stating that a bag (in fact two) did not travel with me! This was mid Dec.

At the lost baggage counter IB staff had no idea where the bags were....after completing the paperwork we left for the hotel. About 15mins after leaving the airport I got a call from an EK agent asking why I hadn't collected my bags! Explained that we traveled BA she explained the bags flew EK - I gave her our reference No, she immediately reviewed and could see the claim.

The agent said she would take them straight over to IB and we should get them later that night.....we got them in the morning

The funny thing is that the two bags beat us to MAD as they travelled on EK with rush tags BNE-DXB-MAD.....we flew QF/BA BNE-SYD-BKK-LHR-MAD.

Can your bags be lost even if they beat you to your destination?

BTW, the stuff up with the bags was a QF problem out of BNE not a BA one....but I still got the txt, pretty impressive^