FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wing Walking on a 747! – A Trip to Longreach, Australia, on Qantas
Old Jan 14, 2012, 6:04 pm
LHR/MEL/Europe FF
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by jazza1971
Got this link from another website, half way through its got a seatmap for the old QF three class 767s

http://ausairuniforms.com/documents/...l1989PartA.PDF

The whole document is actually a good read!
thanks!! (I had a bit of trouble accessing the document direct from the link... but if anyone else has the same problems you can manually enter the address, diminishing with /documents and then go from there)

interesting that the cinfiguratio. differed from why I remember, first class was actually on the right side... three rows of 2.

there is a central cabin divider, with business class on the other side (in a 2+1 configurations).

quite possibly one of the strangest aircraft configurations I have ever seen. would have made far more sense to have one single row of F with a 2+1+2 configuration, then a separate cabin for business class behind that in a 2/2/2 formation. but that would have meant a business class cabin without lavatories I guess (not sure how difficult it is to place a lavatory in a 'non-standard' position)

at the time those maps were put out, business class features a 38' pitch! nice!