FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)
Old Jan 14, 2012, 3:51 pm
777 global mile hound
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by kmcg
I plan to use stay certs at the Grand Hyatt Istanbul in a couple months, and am trying to figure out if there's any way to upgrade to club level using points. Here's what the FAQ says:
Can a certificate recipient upgrade their accommodations?
A Standard guest room is extended to the recipient. Rooms are assigned at check-in. Suite and Concierge level upgrades are currently available only when booking on Hyatt.com.
Does anyone know how/if that upgrade could be accomplished?

Also, this property accepts many different levels of certificates. Can buying a more expensive one yield a club level room or suite?

(PS: I just called customer service at GP and was told there's no way to upgrade using points on top of a stay cert. Moderators - feel free to delete, or leave this post here in case anyone else needs the answer.)
Greetings and happy to assist if I can.
There are silly limitations that exist within Gold Passport when booking rooms and trying to upgrade. Because I know of no way of combining points with a stay certificate my advice would be to contact the hotel in advance or day of check in and say you would like to pay for an upgrade to club access.
And if so how much would it be.
You can call or email the property preferably in advance. To detremine if that is a good value to you.
In answer to your other question.
Using a more expensive certificate will do absolutely no good as it will only increase your certificate cost and daily rate.
Have a great stay!Cheers