FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My ticket price dropped - can I get a refund?
Old Jan 14, 2012, 12:33 pm
Biggie Fries

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Far be it from me to defend (or explain) the US pricing model ...

Originally Posted by coffeefrappe
Agree...truly a creepy policy. As you know, many businesses across the board honor new prices when they drop...especially so close to the purchase date. I often wonder who came up with these unreasonable (and mean) pricing models....
... but would it really be in our interest were US to adjust prices after a price drop on non-refundable ... ?

Originally Posted by NoMiddleSeat
2. The airline doesn't come back to me asking me for more if the price goes up.
A lot of us here are capitalizing on the occasional "dips," which I assume would disappear were US then in the position of having to refund money on previously purchased tickets.

I admit I would feel differently if I were unable to time my purchases. And, yes,

Originally Posted by tommyleo
"Lower fare guarantee" = the single biggest lie that US perpetuates. How can you charge $150-$250 and call it a "guarantee"? Mind boggling.
the advertising is misleading. In effect, they are saying that if you happened to buy what turns out to have been an incredibly over-priced ticket, they will give a little of it back to you.