FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A few flights to end 2011
View Single Post
Old Jan 13, 2012, 7:21 pm
Kiwi Flyer
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
LONDON transit #3

So just a few days after I'd been here I was back at T3 transfer desk trying to check in and without much initial success. I was given a boarding pass but the codes showing my FF details were not displaying correctly. I asked for it to be fixed and after a few failed attempts the agent turned the screen enough to point out my FF number.

"What's that KR in front of the number?"
"That's the airline code."
I politely insisted it wasn't (the Asiana card even helpfully prints OZ in front of the number) and to humour me more than in any real hopes of success the agent resubmitted without the KR. Success.

I trudged off to the lounge battling the peak travel season crowds in the shopping area en route. Inside I was welcomed into the first class lounge and asked if I wanted to be moved to the earlier flight. I indicated I'd be okay with switching if they wished - I thought that would be less rush to grab a shower at my next transit airport. I'd also noticed both flights were rather full, so I hoped my offer, such as it was, would not mean missing out on a potential op-up.

Later on the lounge agent came by and said they no longer expected to be overbooked so they would not ask me to switch flights.

The transit was longer than I'd prefered (normally I'd have taken the earlier flight) so I worked while battling tiredness and the painfully slow internet connection.