FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Archive: AA Citibank Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard (& MM poll)
Old Jan 13, 2012, 2:37 pm
gozetta

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG LT Plat, AA 3MM EXP
No pre-set

A note about the "no-preset spending limit"... I have paid the entire 5-figure balance twice this month, going over my limit in the process a few times. I called and asked for the no-preset department and they said I had exactly a 5K buffer and it should remain that way. This was 10 days ago. Well, bill printed and need to use that extended line for about a week until I can pay YET AGAIN and they said they reduced it to 2K and it's evaluated on a "day to day" basis, with no record of the prior call. I call BS on the day-to-day thing, as it's likely done when the bill prints, but I digress. A little perterbed since my autobills won't go through until I transfer more cash over. In my best valley slang...whatevers. I would ask for an increase but heard that's a no-go until a 6-month review.

I DO appreciate getting a mainland agent right away though, even if they tell me bad news. =)