FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AAMRQ: TPG, US Airways (LCC) and Delta (DAL) consider bids for AMR Corp-- WSJ ($0.36)
Old Jan 12, 2012, 4:35 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by denCSA
That would be the worst possible outcome from a loyalty point of view. SkyPesos are terrible and DL elite treatment and benefits leave much to be desired. There's no chance a DL/AA in present form would receive approval, thankfully.
I agree that the DL FF program has lots of shortcomings, but I do not think that mistreatment of higher tier elites is one of them. As a DM, I feel well treated in general. Would I like to be able to confirm a long haul upgrade at the time of purchase for a lower fare? Of course. Would I like to see more low award availability in long haul business class? Of course again. Would I like to have more honesty and transparency? Yes again. however, as a DM, I have generally been well treated on upgrades, IROPs, exceptions, elite phone lines, etc. There are a bunch of AA policies regarding their elites that would not be changes I would like.