FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - a view from the inside
View Single Post
Old Jan 12, 12, 1:32 pm
Global_Hi_Flyer

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Originally Posted by spacev1986 View Post
My best guess would be because doing so would compromise whatever intelligence source landed you on the list... i agree 100% that the DHS trip thing is screwey and they should have a way better redress system.

and i really dont think anyone i work for would care about me posting on here, so long as no secrets are getting spilled...
Recognize this phrase:

nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law;
or this one:

the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.
The use of secret blacklists and other such devices to deny freedoms to citizens is just wrong. Especially since the level of care necessary to place someone on the list, and the soundex-type matching that's used result in false-positives. Or situations like Drew Griffin. Secrecy enables abuse.