FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MAS: Help! Name change possible?!?!
View Single Post
Old Jan 10, 2012, 11:21 pm
lynettefong

Programs: Enrich
MAS: Help! Name change possible?!?!

Hi all,

Hoping to get some advice here. I've read and been told time and time again that most airlines will not allow name changes. However, there have been success and usually american airlines and even Jetstar has allowed name changes to occur with a penalty fee.

about 6 months ago, I booked 2 tickets for my partner and myself to fly SYD-Paris. Unfortunately, we are no longer together and would be extremely uncomfortable travelling together.
I have asked MAS if I can change the name on one of the tickets (they are all e-tickets now, we'd imagine it'd be easier). Unfortunately they said no and that I should email the internet booking support team and try my luck.

So with the fate of my luck in the internet team's hands, i emailed them. They wrote back 2 days later saying that it was not possible at all.
but as a gesture of goodwill, were willing to credit me my fare minus 400AUD into a MCO (like a gift voucher) which could be used for other tickets. HOwever, the ticket would still be in that passenger's name.
As much as this is helpful, I still do not understand why malaysia airlines makes it so difficult. I was even willing to pay an additional fee to change the name. There is no security breach, no "reprinting" of tickets. There is nothing that changes except perhaps and internet admin change. I am more than happy to pay for the labour fee associated with the poor person who has to make that change. the new passenger would fly the same route, in the same seat.

Has anyone else had the same experience and can offer any advice?

please help!!!