FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Really bad experience - New strategy
View Single Post
Old Jan 10, 2012, 7:16 pm
pbuntrock

Programs: AA EXP Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nismo240ssx
If you can get into row 10, that is always less congested in my opinion. Also with the new lower mileage UG rates, "pay" for it.
I usually have to book 1- 2 weeks out, nothing in row 10 is generally available.

As far as the pay for it, as a CP it can't be done!! I have lots of miles and having trying to do this; happy to do it. It never works so here is what I found out.

To use miles there has to availability in the "O" bucket, same as awards. I can try prior to the 7 day CP window. But on transcons during the week inventory is never released prior to 7 days. Here is what I found out, once the first sweep is run a CP cannot upgrade with miles. The system has marked me for a complimentary upgrade, so that status says I can't use mile I'll get an upgrade if available during the next sweep if available. However, if something opens up prior to the sweep any person with mile can snap it up. I got this from an very experienced CP desk agent (who I know is from the orginal CP Desk). I couldn't believe this, so I called back three more times and when I presented the specifc senario all three agents verified it. So, in essence there is no possible ways for me to upgrade with miles for me on a weekday transcon.