FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Are Upgrades Becoming Easier or Harder on UA?" Thread [2012/13]
Old Jan 10, 2012, 12:21 pm
mherdeg

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by LarkSFO
When I looked at our (seperate) reservations on CO.com, it still showed the old economy (pre-upgraded) seats and in a seperate tab had the same flights but with the upgrades to F. Kind of confusing. I called in to the Plat line and they cleaned it up so now the reservations only show the F seats. Not sure what caused this behavior or why I had to call in to clean this up.
When your upgrade clears via advance waitlisting (miles, CR1, SWU), you will always end up with two segments on the continental.com view of your reservation -- one in R, the other in coach. You will always have to call to get it cleaned up (warning: some have reported that this can reset your position on the waitlist) or have it cleaned up at check-in.

Actually, for an upcoming all-sUA trip that I have, the continental.com view of the reservation shows two SFO-LAX trips, a segment in F and a segment in L, now that my UDU cleared on that segment. It doesn't say "your ticket is out of sync, please call to reissue", which is a surprise, but on the other hand it's an 016 ticket and sCO doesn't touch it at all right now.