FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bad idea to stay in Brooklyn and ride the subway to Manhattan everyday?
Old Jan 9, 2012, 11:33 pm
stockmanjr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
Originally Posted by Jhonvomer
My husband and I are planning on going to New York for the very first time in February. We have looked for hotels+flights in our price rang in Manhattan but we can't find anything we would like to stay at for the price we can pay. I found a reasonable package to stay at Aloft Brooklyn and it says it is only a few minutes away from the subway to get to Manhattan. Would it be a bad idea to stay in Brooklyn rather than just staying in Manhattan? We would be paying the fees everyday to travel back and forth, which from what i read is only $2.50 per person a trip. If you have any other advice for me to help make our trip better then feel free to put in your opinion or give advice for our first trip to the big apple
What dates are you looking for? I think the Aloft is fine it really is less then 10 minutes to Lower Manhattan/Chinatown during the day and about 25 min to Midtown. Now at night(Post 2200-midnight depending on the line) it's going to take a bit longer as the headway between trains is greater and some of the express trains start to run local but it won't be bad. Also the MTA does do some service changes at night due to track work but you've got several options by the Aloft so you'll be fine getting back.
Cheers
Howie