FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "United Club Access Questions" Thread [ARCHIVE]
Old Jan 9, 2012, 3:42 pm
hiyo

Programs: Club interjet; Airbnb
Consolidated "United Club Access Questions" Thread [ARCHIVE]

What is the actual definition of "Same Day," as relates to United Club access on an international itinerary?

I am 1P on UA, traveling in a few weeks CLD-LAX-IAH-CZM. I get into LAX @2030 and out @0030, four hours later. Will I get club access? It will feel like "same day" to me, but do they really go by calendar date, rather than a real-world flying day, which can include a connection to a red-eye that is technically "next day?"

I know I can expect access in IAH as it is the actual gateway airport and will be inarguably "same day.".

The Star Alliance site says (bolding mine):
Star Alliance Gold Customers Travelling in Any Class: Customers have access to any Star Alliance member carriers' owned lounges with the Star Alliance Gold logo at the entrance.
Customer must present proof of Star Alliance Gold level status via a valid frequent flyer program Star Alliance Gold level card or other valid indication of Star Alliance Gold level status
Customer must also present a boarding pass for travel on a Star Alliance flight departing from the local airport
Customer is entitled to one guest
Continental, United and US Airways Star Alliance Gold customers may only access the United Clubs and US Airways Clubs within the U.S. when travelling in conjunction with a Star Alliance international flight.
Will that cut any ice with the club staff in LAX?