FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Business class fare rules ex jnb not correctly reflected on emirates.com
Old Jan 9, 2012, 9:36 am
Cheetah_SA

Programs: BA BD SA
Originally Posted by Joe_EK
I was told that although the link shows up online, passengers booked on that specific fare and have reserved a chauffeur online are notified 3 to 4 days before the flight that a chauffeur service will not be provided and to make alternative arrangements.
Yes, that happened to me. (I had read the fare rules from ITA - so was actually just trying my luck. ) Wasn't too put out. Given that the fare is so ridiculously low, I was quite happy to pay for the transfers which are a few hundred ZAR compared to many, many thousands of ZAR saved on the fare. (In my case the next best fare was 3 times as much.) But I agree that they should make it more transparent.

On the positive side we got upgraded to F on our first leg! Don't ask me how that worked - pretty much everyone else in J must surely have paid more than we did and/or had more status with EK. (I didn't complain about that either. ) Hope it happens to you too!