FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Official Delta 747-400 Interior Mod Tracking Thread
Old Jan 9, 2012, 2:25 am
Dawgfan6291

Originally Posted by MegatopLover
My NRT-ATL for Memorial Day 2012 has definitely gone to the new configuration. I can't figure out which seat to book for myself. I really like the extra space/shoulder room of 7A on the 77L. What is comparable on the modified 744? The last row of each cabin?

While I generally like the upper deck (except the tiny overheads--any word on changes there?) right now I've picked 6A. I might pick the last row in front of the exit door on the UD if that will have some extra space.

FWIW, my LAX-NRT over Fourth of July has gone 77L. Seems like a waste of the LR; I assume it must be for a/c positioning reasons-- in from SYD, out to NRT?
more of lack of routes that need a LR.

Only routes that *need* it (ie would take a cargo hit) are ATL-DXB/JNB, DTW-HKG and LAX-SYD. The ERs can do DTW-PEK/PVG/ICN easy.

Don't look for new long haul routes out of Delta for S12, Anderson is to scared of wall street. (same reason why the domestic hard product is so terrible.)

*note, If LAX-MEL happens i don't call it new because it would be a take over from Virgin.*