FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Winter in China - Beijing and Harbin and a bunch of flights on TG, CA & SQ
Old Jan 8, 2012, 4:40 pm
calvinoeh

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
Just got back to Penang after a freezing time in Harbin. So much to share but couldn't do so in China with the horrible internet speeds I was getting.

Here's the first installment:

Penang to Bangkok on TG:

We got to the airport around 6 am for our 8am flight to Bangkok. There was no line in the business class line. Check-in was done by MAS agents with a supervisor from Thai Airways. Our bags were tagged all to Beijing and we were handed boarding passes and lounge invitation to the MAS Golden Lounge.

It was rather annoyingly warm and stuffy that not all the air-conditioning was turned on yet when we got to the lounge. The staff eventually turned it on a couple of minutes later. I caught up on email before enjoying a hearty breakfast of nasi lemak and coffee knowing that the food in the lounge would probably be better than on the plane later.

The lounge itself was pretty good with plenty of seating, a good view of the tarmac, business center, a kids play area and even a shower. It does puzzle me however who actually gets to use the lounge since the lounge is on the international wing of the airport and MAS does not serve any international destination from Penang.

Read more.....

Last edited by calvinoeh; Feb 2, 2012 at 11:53 pm