FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flaw in BAs data protection handling
View Single Post
Old Jan 8, 2012, 11:50 am
golfmad
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
Could I ask why you didn't tell the agent who was helping you that you could hear other people and details in the background?
Why wait until after you've hung up and come and report it on an IBB and BA?
Wouldn't it have been nice for the agent to rectify the matter instead of you reporting them?

I don't disagree with your point, but it comes across as a bit tittle tattle-ish.
If you knew me SRG you would know that I don't care for or engage in tittle tattle.

This is nothing to do with the minor issue of me overhearing a single sales agent and there was no point in me mentioning it to the sales agent who - quite rightly - is interested in getting their (sales) job done. This is a corporate issue covering ALL sales agents / calls centres for BA and as a responsible adult I contacted BA and raised the issue with them. What BA choose to do about it is up to them.

I think your response completely misses the big picture. I have not complained about a sales agent. I have raised a general concern about data protection with a PLC.

Look, let's just drop it now. I've done my bit so why don't you all go off and flame someone else.