FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow - Terminal 5
View Single Post
Old Jan 8, 2012, 4:38 am
serfty
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by thadocta
That's why I find that site to be a total waste of space.

Dave
Actually, someone has has the time to do some digging - there's been some quite interesting recent posts on this topic:
Originally Posted by kooky

Originally Posted by ajw373

So they shouldn't go on their European holiday then. Afterall they would be in the same boat regardless of what airline they fly, because other than Qantas and AA there aren't many paid airline club memberships and certainly other than those two airlines few if any that offer reciprocal lounge rights. In other words for most paid lounge memberships you pay for access to that airlines lounge, not some third party airline, which is what BA is.

"for most paid lounge memberships" that may be true. But QF didn't sell it as that. Did you see this link? Flying with Us - Qantas Club - for at least 7-8 years they were sold as being access to 250 lounges(all the archive.org pages between from 2002-2009 lead with "250" lounges as the very first thing you read).

Now get this - here's where QF made the big change to their headline!

Look at the difference between these two snapshots of Qantas Club homepage:

2002 - Feb 15, 2009:
Fly - The Qantas Club
"Feel welcome at over 250 lounges worldwide"

Feb 28, 2009:
Fly - The Qantas Club
"Feel welcome at over 130 lounges worldwide"

(give them a sec to load & refresh)

So from one week to the other in Feb 2009, 120 lounges were dropped from their headline. That's 48% less lounges, man.

Please explain.
Originally Posted by ajw373

Interestingly not sure if anyone else picked it up, but on the two pages you linked to if you click on Europe says the loumges in London that can be used are:

London - British Airways, Terraces (Terminal 4), and The Galleries Club lounge and The Galleries First lounge (Terminal 5).

First time I have ever seen any mention of galleries. These must have dropped off when Qantas moved to T3.

Originally Posted by jojen

Amazing !!!! Under lounge locations, Galleries Lounges in Terminal 5 are listed and yet Qantas have been denying this was so.

I do now recall seeing this and unfortunately never thought to print it off.

I wonder HOW or WHEN Qantas will explain this !!!!

Jojen