FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Grand Hotel, Frankfurt, Germany, post 2007 renovation [Master Thread]
Old Jan 7, 2012, 10:01 pm
famtravlworld

Programs: SPG PLT, Air France, Lufthansa, Continental Air
The club lounge here is very, very good. Some of the front desk staff could learn a thing or two about customer service from the young ladies who staff the club lounge.

To the very unpleasant lady with short, dark hair at the front desk:
First of all, it wouldn't hurt you to smile every once in a while. It won't cause your face to crack and it doesn't hurt.
Second, you may think because I carry a U.S. passport and am a woman traveling with a child that I am just some dumb tourist. I'd like you to know I'm a return Platinum guest to your property and the reason I return is to visit my grandparents graves. I spent a lot of time with them in Frankfurt while I was growing up and I understand enough German to know you told the trainee who checked me in not to upgrade me to the suite that I deserved under the terms of the SPG program. Your hotel wasn't busy during my stay. There were no trade fairs in town and it was over the holiday. In fact, many staff remarked on how quiet it was.
Your rude, hateful attitude really is uncalled for. I'm upset not only that you tried to not give me the upgrade I was entitled to, but that you did it with such attitude.

To the management:
I spoke with the front desk about this matter when I checked out. I was told you'd email me. It's been weeks and I haven't heard a word.

To the SPG Lurkers out there:
We shouldn't have to fight for the upgrades we are entitled to.