FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cru brunch for special occasion?
View Single Post
Old Jan 7, 2012, 8:41 am
trueblu

Programs: BA - Blue
Cru brunch for special occasion?

So, I have this marriott certificate to use up, and given it was just our anniversary, decided to book the JW marriott for next week-end (meetings all this week-end) as a family 'holiday' in BJ.

Was looking at dining options, and the CRU brunch caught my eye. It is eye-wateringly expensive (688RMB+15% = 791 RMB pp). However, the menu page says that it features lobster, steak, Beluga caviar and foie gras as well as free-flow alcohol. Given we are teetotal, the latter is a loss for us, so we would need to make it up with the food.

I could only find one review, which said that some things were good, some OK. The steak/lobster is limited (fair enough), but no mention of caviar and foie gras. Given these are more expensive than steak and lobster, they are probably limited too.

Normally, this would be out of our price range, but we do tend to splash out for a special meal for our anniversary. On this occasion, our daughter would be with us, but given it is brunch, that shouldn't be too bad (and she eats free!). I'm willing to dip into the shallow tb pockets if it is truly a great meal...any FTers been and can/cannot recommend?

Also, a little naughty: but I saw a voucher for ANZA members: buy 1 get one free. Seems to only need to print the voucher....do you think my accent would confuse the restaurant enough to let me get away with it?

tb

PS any better dining options nearby (given we'll be a family)? Or decent mid-priced options for dinner, if we opt for the brunch?