FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrading with Avios After Booking
View Single Post
Old Jan 7, 2012, 2:18 am
Cap'n Benj

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by sadiqhassan
I want to fly YYZ-LHR-ZRH-LHR-YYZ and upgrade from WT+/WT to CW/CE. I need to fly ZRH-LHR and LHR-YYZ the next day but there are no CW award seats left on my ZRH-LHR date. If I use the online booking feature it says "no availability." However, I don't mind flying ET on the ZRH-LHR sector. Can I book a WT+/CE YYZ-LHR-ZRH-LHR-YYZ ticket and then upgrade with avios online after? Is this generally reliable? I don't want to lose the award seats by having to call in and wait on the phone.

Bonus question (it's stupid, I know!) - I need to call Executive Club to do an MFU over the phone, correct? I can't call the regular BA line?

Thanks!
I would phone and speak to an agent in order to make the full booking and complete the upgrade, this should allow you to book into ET on the short haul sector too. Let the agent know that you can't book it online though.

Re the stopover in London on the return, this is likely to increase your taxes considerably, so if you can avoid it (or keep it under 24 hours?) it will save you £100+ I believe