FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tipping housekeeping.
View Single Post
Old Jan 6, 2012, 8:48 pm
Yaatri
Suspended

Originally Posted by RichMSN
As opposed to people who are much too easily willing to part with their hard earned money?

Also, name calling is a violation of the TOS, is it not?
I am with you on this.
for name calling. Leaving a tip is personal business. If we were responsible for paying their salary, it would have been illegal to not tip. It's employer's responsibility to pay his/her employee and the employees should expect to paid by their employer not hope for a handout from customers. How is that for a perspective?

Many employers try to shift the fiscal responsibilityfor their workers on to their customers or the workers themselves. It was in that context I had mentioned that my company paid me only $60 per diem for meals and incidentals in London while the Govt rates were $160 plus. I also said something about the break fast being 30 pounds. Some one suggested that I should have looked for cheaper breakfast and another gave thumbs up.

Unfortunately contrary to mis-perception of some, tipping does not make one superior or holier, or compassionate, nor not tipping inferior, or compassionless. .

So what if I don;t get towels turned into animals or extra amenities. Do I need that? If folding a towel into an animals is hotel policy, why aren;t they doing it for every one. If it's not, I don't consider that "service" worthwhile to pay for it. Buying and selling is voluntary. If I needed extra amenties, I would go and buy some, I already by stuff from a convenience store instead of agreeing to being gauged by the minibar.