FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying solo - any tips?
View Single Post
Old Jan 6, 2012, 5:05 pm
Athlete95

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by BA304
Burgundy in true FTer style, I'm sure

It's the connection in BLR that would worry me but I'm sure it'll be fine.
The ones I have are grey, but I am off to New York in a few weeks and A&F/Hollister is dirt cheap out there so I may buy myself some burgundy sweatpants- the A&F ones I saw online looked nice!

I arrive at 0430, don't leave until 1410 so I am going to go to a nearby hotel about 5-10 mins away (special offer with Clarks Exotica) which means that I get a transfer to and from the airport, a very well priced day room with free breakfast, use of the leisure facilities which I am happy with as I may use the gym and it also has an outdoor pool. This means I can go to sleep at 0600, wake up at around 0830 after a short nap, have breakfast, go to the pool at around 0930, sunbathe for an hour or so and then get my transfer to the airport, nice and refreshed. I can get a good rate as I will be staying there the night before my BLR-LHR flight. Nicely timed too, arrive at BLR at around 1350, quick transfer to airport, sunbathe from 1500-1630, early dinner, nap, up at 0230, 45 mins to get ready and sorted, out of hotel by 0400, checked in by 0430, ready for flight back at 0630. All times approximate and this is a very rough idea of what I will do!