FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Questions Regarding the United Club one-time pass {Archive}
Old Jan 6, 2012, 8:28 am
ckpeter

Originally Posted by muji
They have no names on them (but there is a blank line where you are to fill in the "United Club Guest Name"), so it appears that they can be used by, and even given to, anyone. (They also have a scannable barcode - so I wonder if upon scanning the passes the club staff might then say the passes are invalid since the scan shows that the person does not have a OnePass account.)

I'm wondering if others have received this same letter with its discount offer and these passes.
I would highly doubt that the systems are that sophisticated to track whether a pass is linked to an active credit account. It wouldn't make sense for the companies to build a complex system only for a limited-circulation pass that costs them a few dollars.

My suggestion is for you to just fill in your name and go in. If there is any trouble, you can always say that this was a gift.

I will probably be receiving one of those soon. If you have any trouble using them, I would certainly appreciate if you could post back.