FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Holiday milesAAver Award Travel Inventory - limits, releases
Old Jan 5, 2012, 8:23 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by greg0ire
Does holiday travel extend to all summer? My family flies LAX-YUL every summer. We begin looking 330 days out. While it was tough last year, it is impossible this year. No flights have been released except for random days that have two stops. There is clearly a huge change. My miles feel very similar to SkyMiles. I am checking the latter half of June all way through August. NOTHING!
No, that's not the same as this holiday travel issue. But as reported in other threads (and re-reported in this thread), in a general sense, AA no longer always releases inventory at 330ish days out. It depends on the route and the cabin whether they do, and then it depends on who knows what when they do if they don't do it right away (when the flight goes on sale).

And, yes, it used to work the way you described, but it's no longer anywhere near that simple.

Either that, or people faster than you are booking it all up very quickly. Someone in this thread mentioned being up at midnight when the inventory opened up, booking an award ticket successfully then, seeing half of the award inventory gone by 3 am, and all of it gone by 6 am. Read back in this thread to figure out what route(s) exactly they were talking about (plus to figure out which timezone the midnight/3/6 were referenced to!).