FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Another Compensation Question
View Single Post
Old Jan 5, 2012, 7:05 pm
ung1

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by SingaporeJoe
There could be a number of circumstances, but I was quite surprised of the level of compensation myself. Didn't really expect anything. I wouldn't go on blaming ethnicities [are you guys making assumptions of my ethnic background here?] but merely the discretionary components in the determination of compensation.

At that time, there had been a couple of other minor incidents that I also noted in my email, I was in the middle of a seriously hectic flying schedule with quite a few intercontinental flights booked in F, and I also suspect that on that route (which is one of my very regular routes) EK is working extra hard to cut into the marketshare of SQ and QF so they might be more willing to appear generous just to stop frequent flyers from being seduced by the dark side. Maybe in Dubai the competition is not that intense so they get away with less.
I agree. I think there's a range of possibilities such as your status at the time, the length of the flight or, perhaps more importantly, the fare you paid.