FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Future fleet order....... Assuming IAG buy BMI
Old Jan 5, 2012, 2:52 pm
razMJ

Programs: EK Skywards Blue, 9W Blue, LH
Originally Posted by FrancisA
That's true from a financial point of view, but as crew can only be licensed for three plane types at a time, adding in A340s or A330s would make life difficult. I imagine a Boeing option would therefore be better, probably a mix of 777s and 787s, but 747-800 would be nice (althoiugh ruled out by everyone on here).
But since IAG have bought BMI now, assumably they will gain the BMI fleet, which does consist of two A330s, and although they have announced job losses, perhaps they may keep some BMI crews, as they will retain many of their medium haul Middle East routes.

Originally Posted by Flying Doctor
BA have been really impressed with the economics of the 777-300 so I bet that they would have a few more of those in the first instance.
Also I would have thought that a few more A380's would not go amiss but I also suspect that some of the 747's that were due for early retirement will be around a bit longer......
FD
True that, as you know A380s have a habit of being delayed in delivery, and the 747 is BA's flagship aircraft, operating more of it than most other, if not any other airline. They are keeping some anyway for longer, as a 1 for 1 replacement replaces only 12 out of 55 747-400 aircraft.