FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The US/DL LGA slot swap [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Jan 5, 2012, 8:33 am
cwe84

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
Originally Posted by US @ DEN
Did US also buy back its DCA slots from Republic?

Link
Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
From the way the SEC filing is worded, it doesn't sound like buying back the slots. I wouldn't think that buying back the slots would be classified as a "repayment of an outstanding obligation" - US isn't obligated to buy back any of the slots as far as I know, although they do have a first right of refusal if Republic sells the slots. It seems that Republic did lend money to US in late 2008/early 2009 when US was trying to maintain enough "cash" to keep from defaulting on the credit card processor agreement, so perhaps this was repaying all/some of that.

Jim
I know BBedford said in one of his letters that he had offered the slots back to US. With Republic owning the slots it caused RAH to lose out on some of the slots that were used for F9. Ironically one of the slots we lost went to another airline for GRR and MSN (or DSM cant remember right now). They decided not to fly it so they came back to the F9 operation and we have to fly them as the awarded route then refile to move the flights later.

It could be a repayment of the cash loan too. Havent seen a response to that offer. I guess we will see it in the year end reports.