FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Complete List of Airports with Whole Body Imaging/Advanced Imaging Technology Scanner
Old Jan 5, 2012, 8:02 am
AUS2008

Programs: AAPLT, RR Alist
Originally Posted by Catbert10
Sad to say that as of 2 weeks ago, the far west security checkpoint has a MMW. In fact, as of 12/26/11, the west security check point lanes had been altered so all lanes could funnel through the MMW.
Dang...wish I had seen this earlier. Went to the west checkpoint today and saw the MMW. Also encountered more rudeness on the TSAs part than I have ever experienced here in AUS. ugh.

Lesson: don't "question" the TSA when they re-screen some liquids that are clearly above the allowed limit. Not mine...the pax ahead of me. TSA went to the trouble of removing them from her bag, then rescreening the bag, which makes sense, but they also ran the 3 greater than 3.4 oz bottles through the xray...why?? I asked, "oh, so those are ok if you xray them twice?"...he said, 'no, why would I ask?' I said, "well, if they aren't allowed, why go to the trouble of rescreening the bottles if you are going to throw them away?" He said, "we did throw them away." well, yeah...after you took the time to look at them twice. Seems like once you removed them from the bag and saw that they were too large, you could just trash them.

After that bickering, I decided to be a sheep and not cause any more ruckus and go through the damn MMW. No extra screening, thank goodness.