FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11, Thailand [Master Thread]
Old Jan 5, 2012, 3:41 am
TRAVELSIG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yosithezet
The aLoft seems to be doing a good job of delivering exactly what they are purporting to deliver. I think it would be more interesting to hear how this aLoft compares to othe aLofts and the Plat treatment at other aLofts than comparing it to the SGS or FP. People say that as a Plat there is no reason to stay here. Is there something that the aLoft PHL offers Plats that the aLoft BKK does not? Seems like anyone that is going in with appropriate expectations wil be plenty happy with this property.
I was very happy with the aloft and got exactly what I expected. The breakfast charges reported here can be significantly reduced by booking rates which include breakfast (which are on the website of spg)- in this way breakfast is reduced to 250 thb p.p. per day.

It is obvious as a new hotel they are learning as they go- however in a very good way. The rooms are also much nicer than I expected, and certainly nicer than the aloft properties I have been to in the USA.

I agree that comparing to the SGS is a bit strange- if I posted here on the benefits received at Four Seasons with Virtouso or what our colleagues with RA receive at the IC it would be about the same.

The hotel is excellent value 2111 THB for two people without breakfast or 2611 THB with breakfast including free internet, free access to BED and Qbar (if you want)- and I would say it is one of the better deals in Bangkok.

I am not a big fan of the Four Points- however to each their own (just like some like the Westin and I prefer the SGS for example in that rate category).