FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sapphire v. MileagePlus Explorer
View Single Post
Old Jan 4, 2012, 8:39 pm
mymontreal

Insurance Benefits: Sapphire Preferred vs UAL Explorer ?

Apologies if this has been discussed - did a search on Sapphire but could not find any threads specific to Insurance...

Probably like most of you, I have quite a number of cards, all with slightly different benefits - I am trying to put together a grid containing benefit highlights for MY cards, to remind me which one to use and when...

I recently converted from the original UAL visa card to the new Explorer card and despite all the small print (yes, I read it all... ) the insurance benefits are pretty comprehensive.

However, I am UAL Silver Premier, so don't really need the free bag, priority checkin, priority board benefits and I'm wondering whether to try to change it for the Sapphire Preferred - problem, is that I cannot find anywhere on the Chase site that gives very detailed benefit info - particularly insurance benefits (maybe there aren't many ?).

On the UAL Explorer card, I know that I have the following Insurance benefits and would appreciate any clarification on which of these are also provided with the Sapphire preferred:

- Auto Rental CDW (primary coverage) ** I think NOT provided with Sapphire **
- Up to $100/day Baggage delay of > 18 hours
- Up to $300 hotel/food if trip delayed > 12 hours or overnight
- Purchase protection (loss/damage worldwide) - Secondary coverage
- Return Protection (to $300/item) within 90 days of US purchase
- Price protection within 90 days (printed ad or non-auction internet site)
- Extended Warranty

Thanks
Mike

Last edited by mymontreal; Jan 7, 2012 at 12:17 pm