FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JP Morgan Palladium Card
View Single Post
Old Jan 4, 2012, 5:50 pm
brosnan6

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
Originally Posted by cardtracker
The card definitely draws attention. Way better unboxing experience than Amex Platinum. If JPM can add more benefits to the card, they'll definitely draw customers from Amex. The only downside to the card is the quality control process during manufacturing. My card came with a scratch on the front. CS is great and they're sending a replacement.
Agreed on all fronts -- this thing is at least 2x heavier than an Amex Cent card. The coffee table book received last month about the hotel benefits (FHR-style benefits but many hotels have far more benefits such as airport transfers, etc) was quite nice and seemed like it was an expensive little bugger to produce and ship!

Frankly, I don't understand why they haven't added any more benefits to the card or the ultimate rewards aspect. As far as cardmember benefits go, Chase is partnered with many of the major airlines and hotels so presumably they would have the negotiating power to bring in elite status, etc. For ultimate rewards, I don't understand why they wouldn't add the benefits that lower-end cards have (such as the points rebate when redeeming for travel on the Sapphire card), or bonus points in certain categories of spend.

The thing that irks me the most is that this card still only comes with priority pass select. I can understand why the Amex PP excludes UA/CO clubs but given that Chase offers the UA/CO cards, why the heck can't they include the regular PP that allows access to the UA/CO clubs???