FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - When the Executive Lounge is no longer the Executive Lounge...
Old Jan 4, 2012, 2:10 pm
jsmith50

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Don't get me wrong, I have been in plenty of hotels in the past 10 years while traveling heavily where there were other events going on in the hotel and frequently noisier than I would prefer, but here is what's bothering me about this...1) It would have been easy for the Memphis Hilton to put a note on their website or mentioned during booking that it was hosting the entire University of Cincinnati traveling party and fans for a football weekend so that I would have known to direct my hotel stay elsewhere, 2) The executive lounge in Memphis is on the 26th floor (which is theoretically key card access only), the top several floors are "Hilton Honors Floors." It seems that if they had a huge party atmosphere like that, they would have found a more accessible location (conference room, perhaps) for a hospitality suite, 3) An offer to move to another room would have been nice (I know they had empty rooms), 4) An apology (rather than a flippant, unappreciative-type comment), an offer of some token of appreciation at this point for brand loyalty would have been a nice gesture and I probably would have taken things in stride a lot better, 5) In addition, the internet code stopped working half way through my stay and they told me that they didn't have another one to give me so I charged it to the room and then had to fight to get the charge removed on check out (which didn't leave a great taste in my mouth either). It was really a comedy of errors all around and I have experienced much better from this property in the past!

I recognize that anything is for sale, but I didn't realize this included rudeness to very frequent Hilton Honors members!