FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - When the Executive Lounge is no longer the Executive Lounge...
Old Jan 4, 2012, 12:41 pm
jsmith50

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
When the Executive Lounge is no longer the Executive Lounge...

Passing through Memphis last week and staying at the Memphis Hilton, I journeyed up to the executive lounge to find that it had been apparently closed for several days to serve as the University of Cincinnati's hospitality lounge for their fans attending the Liberty Bowl on New Year's Eve. Not to mention that the noise coming from that place was unbelievable, even at midnight. Complained to the front desk to get "you're staying at the University of Cincinnati's official hotel for the Liberty Bowl, what did you expect" as an answer. I sure as heck didn't know that when I booked my hotel stay! Glad to see that Hilton apparently endorses fraternity-like parties in their executive lounge and though a diamond business traveler in the minority in this hotel, my value to Hilton in getting a good night's sleep was less important than making sure they catered to a hotel full of rowdy football fans who likely spend only 1-2 nights for the year in a Hilton property. Still pretty ticked!