FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - P90x
Thread: P90x
View Single Post
Old Jan 4, 2012, 7:56 am
dchristiva
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Formerly HPN, but then DCA and IAD for a while, and now back to HPN!
Programs: Honestly, I've been out of the travel game so long that I'm not even sure. Maybe Marriott Gold?
Originally Posted by annerj
I agree.

I workout like that and have for a LONG time.....the structure of P90x is doing me some good. I've firmed up a bit, lost a bit of fat, etc on this program.

Do you not do any workouts of this length? Our spin class has a monthly 2 hour session, my normal lifts in the gym normally go well over an hour, half/full marathon when I did that stuff was WELL over a couple hours, current bike events even of 50 miles are a few hours (not to mention the centuries we try to get in).

p90x is a time suck for sure. The shortest workout is like 56 minutes and most are right in the 1:10 range (when including the ab ripper portion)
Nope. I commute an hour each way to a full-time job, and have a wife and 3 young kids awaiting me when I get home. Short of getting up and working out at 4:30 am, which isn't gonna happen, I rarely have 90 minutes available to devote to working out. The longest workout my schedule can accommodate is about 60 minutes. Aside from the fact that I don't see a huge benefit to working out much more than 45 minutes unless I was training for a marathon or triathalon or something like that. I understand that folks might get some personal enjoyment out of long runs or rides, but I'm not sure that working out for more than 45 minutes (at a pretty good clip) is going to yield material benefits for someone seeking a "regular" level of fitness.

Last edited by dchristiva; Jan 4, 2012 at 8:05 am