FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAN schedule changes create less than minimum connecting time in LIM
Old Jan 3, 2012, 8:09 pm
hobo13

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by access
So I think the BA system finally caught up with the sked change. In a previous post I had mentioned that the BA system was not flagging the 45 min connection as an error. Well the system woke up today and sent me an e-mail with the 1st two flights. I nearly had a panic attack thinking the last segment was cancelled. So I logged on to ba.com and all segments were there but with the same invalid connection in LIM. So I called BA Exec Club and a really helpful agent noticed that this time, the system was indeed flagging the connection as invalid. Then she said the magic words... "If the system recognizes an invol sked change, it will allow us to use any revenue seat to rebook, not just mileage available ones". So I immediately gave her my LA 601 preference and voilą it was all done in minutes. Of course there were no change fees.

I then went to lan.com immediately, and sure enough the new ticket number and new flight was in the rez. I also called LAN and they confirmed the flights and seat assignment for the new flight. I'm lucky I was able to be rebooked because 601 is becoming very busy.

Important lesson learnt: If you spot a LAN sked change on a BA ticketed rez which causes an invalid connection or other problem and the system hasn't flagged it, you can change your flights for free but only to another mileage available flight, since there is no LAN liaison and the system will not allow an override. However, when and only when the system flags it, then the agent can change to any available revenue seat without penalty.

While BA doesn't have a liaison with LAN, they apparently do have to go through a liaison with CX sked changes.
Very good info. My folks just had a sked change on IPC-SCL-EZE that is now 25 mins. Of course, no C/J mileage seats exist for rebooking.

I really hate talking to BA, and assume they are going to say they can only offer Y. But you're thread gives me hope, and I will fight.