FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - American Express retention offers [2008 - 2016]
Old Jan 3, 2012, 12:27 pm
MilesTalk
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Has the tide turned in favor of calling being the best way to try for retention credit again? The last couple of years a Secure Message using the Social Media subject seemed the way to go, but after receiving this gem of a reply to my Secure Message, that appears no longer the case:

Although we appreciate your loyalty we do not issue any type of compensation for the Membership fee. We do however offer Cards that have no fee at all. Perhaps one of those would suit your needs better. Please visit americanexpress.com to view our fee free products.

-- Noting of course I've received such "compensation for the Membership fee" nearly all of the 10 years I've had my business cards with them (there were a few years they didn't grant when spend was low). I also get truly agitated by replies like this - anyone at Amex can see I've been issued these credits before, so why lie and say they don't exist?