FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CO/UA Million Mile (and Beyond) Flyer Benefits, Effective Spring 2012
Old Jan 2, 2012, 5:22 pm
bmvaughn

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by dgcpaphd
Of course, you can disagree.

Have you been reading this thread when incentive is discussed?
Yes, I've been reading.

Originally Posted by dgcpaphd
If there is "far more incentive now" that the 3 SWUs and annual 2CR-1s are discontinued together with the reduction of bonus miles to 50% and reduction in elite status for upgrades, then I would like to know what the "far more incentive" is.

Thanks for an answer, as I would really like to have a reason to stay loyal with UA. Could there be something we are missing?
-
The reduction of bonus miles is not specific to the million miler program. There is no reduction in status, in fact there's an increase in elite status at 2MM!

2MM will still receive 2 CR-1s if they did not earn them in the previous year, and 3MM will receive 4 CR-1s and 6 SWU if they did not earn them in the previous year. Add to that the spouse benefit and the fact that it's now 1MM less (2MM rather than 3MM) to get fees waived, this to me all adds up to far more incentive to try for 2MM.

Previous to the changes, I was only looking towards 1MM and then had planned to diversify my flying. That's no longer the case. Now I'm going to shoot for 2MM (and possibly 3MM).