FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A few flights to end 2011
View Single Post
Old Jan 1, 2012, 4:15 am
Kiwi Flyer
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
ABU DHABI to LONDON HEATHROW (AUH-LHR) on British Airways 777-200 in business

The second onboard transit of the night at Abu Dhabi was much noisier than the first. Cleaning and recatering was done here. I thought only a few passengers joined the flight, but I must have missed the boarding in my tired state as later on I saw that the business class cabin was completely full. Availability was showing all 9s in first, business and premium economy just a day beforehand, so I wonder what happened. Perhaps a competitor's flight was cancelled?

Before departure drinks this time were water, orange juice and champagne. It is good to see normal service resume. Also handed out before take-off were water bottles, menus and amenity kit. We were asked if we wanted to eat for supper or breakfast, or both, so we wouldn't be woken unless we'd asked to be.

The supper service was quiet and I quickly got to sleep. I was woken by the noise for breakfast. Dang - only 4 hours sleep. I was hoping for more as I have a long day ahead before my next chance to sleep.

We were flying over London by 0600 but spent 30 minutes circling and thus arrived a little late. We pulled into a stand next to the end of C satellite of T5 and were taken by bus to the terminal (bypassing the train). With the first bus just for premium passengers it was probably about as quick by bus as it would have been if we'd pulled into a C gate.