FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lets start a wish list - What can do QR better!!!!
Old Dec 31, 2011, 4:40 am
lightyear40

Programs: Skywards Gold, Etihad Gold
I think tomnativenewyorker has hit the nail on the head in relation to areas of improvement.

I agree that the Burgundy membership card should be scrapped, because the cost of just producing those cards alone must be astronomical. If they are desperate to keep the Burgundy card why don't they just make it available in paper form. Just imagine how many cards they send out to people each year who then simply throw them into their rubbish bin.

There should be a three tier membership system consisting of Silver 150 points, Gold 300 points and a new tier called Premium gold that is available to the business class passenger who accumulate 400 points per year. Due to the limit places currently under their upgrade awards scheme these should be automatically allocated, on request, to Premium card holders at least one/two seats per aircraft. Gold holders should also be able to request an upgrade and allocated that seat 72 hours before their flight departs, if the seat is not taken up by a Premium Gold holder. The website also should be able to incorporate a program that lets tier holders know what redemption seats are still available on that aircraft.

Silver members should also be able to take at least one family member into the lounge which is a bit of a bug bearer of mine. I understand ground staff do give out a lounge pass to gold holders if they are travelling with their spouse, but this seems to be an unspoken rule rather than anything being placed on the Qatar’s website.

In relation to Qatar Airways Ground Services it needs to seriously address a number of inconsistencies right across the globe. Just like the flyertalk members experience in Kuwait the same needs to be addressed in Bangkok. Can never understand why business class passengers are always told to wait until last before boarding. Gold and Silver holders do not even get a mention. Other destinations however make sure their business class and gold and silver board first, so this needs to be addressed at each individual destination. Hence every destination needs to make sure they look after business and FFPM rather than adopt the good old scrum approach that is often caused by incompetent ground staff.

Doha on departure is also a disorganized zone in relation to boarding. Once again their FFFPM are not asked to board first and this also needs to be addressed. However this may change once the new airport opens in Jan 2013.

In the air AVOD systems are struggling to cope on their 340,330 aircraft and therefore need a total overall. They also need to change their record collection after four years of listening to the same records it long due a change.

Finally can someone burn those sandwiches they offer in economy they are the worst ever.

On a positive note Qatar do get it right, but like everybody on this site it seems the same niggling issue keep raising their ugly head.